Shanghai Conservatory of Music, the first independent professional institution for higher music education in Chin, is among the first batch of tertiary educational institutions among the national programme of world-class subjects, and currently the only conservatory of music with three primary doctor-degree authorized discipline. We grasp firmly the great opportunity of “Double World-classes”, and aim at offering first-class music education and ranking high in the world, with Music and Dance playing a leading role in this effort.
For a world-class team, and an international academic platform synergistic and innovative; for cultivating top musicians with endless new ideas and international views, and promoting academic excellence and competitiveness, we are now looking for qualified top talents all over the world.
1. Candidates should have at least 5 years experiences on related teaching or performing. Prize winners of major international or domestic music competition are preferred.
2. Candidates should possess profound professional level and good academic reputation, with great ability to lead the development of their discipline.
3. Candidates are expected to be enthusiastic for art education and excellent in both professional skills and moral integrity, there are no restrictions on nationalities.
1. Cultivate first class musicians.
2. Contribute to the development of world-class subjects.
3. Play a leading role in a group of talented musicians from diverse backgrounds.
4. Engage in the collaborative innovation of music in an effort to reinforce the world-class recognition of highly-ranked subjects.
1. Full time faculty: long-term appointment, which requires full-time duty with at least one-year-long working length.
2. Flexible employment：Short-term appointment in line with cooperative projects or short-term working contract, which requires at least three-month (less than one year) working length.
Process of Recruitment:
1. Application: Appliers should download position application form in homepage notice on official website of SHCM, fill the form and submit it through email with personal resume attached .receiving mailbox is as followed: email@example.com. There’s no limitation for application deadline, recruitment will be closed when quota is full.
2. Review and Approve: Human Resource Department of SHCM will handle with qualification review and formally inform qualified candidates for audition and further interview.
3. Audition and Investigation: Auditions and investigations are to be organized by SHCM including trial teaching, concert, interview, and thesis defending, as well as experts counseling.
4. Confirmation and Publicity: Proposed candidates will be reviewed by presidential meeting of SHCM and publication; the undisputed results will be submitted to upper-level authority as well as Shanghai Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau for filing.
Shanghai Conservatory of Music will strive to provide ideal platform as well as guarantee of treatment for high-level personnel, according to relevant national and local policy; in addition with specifications posted in <Measures for Implementing High-level Personnel Recruitment of SHCM > , detailed salary package is to be mutually discussed after recruiting procedure.
Address: Human Resource Department of Shanghai Conservatory of Music. No.20 Fenyang Road, XuHui District, Shanghai, PRC. (postcode: 200031)
Contact person: Ms.Zhang/ Ms. Zhao.